As some of you may have learned, my dad, Wilfredo J. Balza Sr, passed away last Saturday at 10AM, after battling with lung cancer and cirhosis in the liver. He was fortunate to have been given the Last Rites (Sacrament of Extreme Unction) the night before he died. My apologies for the late posting as we have just finished the viewing and funeral arrangements. Please see the funeral schedule listed below:
Viewing / Vigil:
Sept. 29, 2010 (Wednesday)
1PM to 9PM
Skyview Memorial Lawn
200 Rollingwood Dr., Vallejo, CA 94591
Traditional Latin Requiem Mass:
Sept. 30, 2010 (Thursday)
11:00AM - 12:00NN
St. Margaret Mary's Church
1219 Excelsior Ave., Oakland, CA 94610
Lunch reception at Full Moon Seafood Restaurant:
2042 MacArthur Blvd
Oakland, CA 94602
The remains of our dad will be brought back to the Philippines for burial
(viewing, Requiem Mass and Burial schedule to be announced at a later date).
In the meantime, please continue to keep him in your prayers!
For those new to the Traditional Latin Requiem Mass:
1) Latin-English Requiem Booklet Missals will be available and distributed before the Mass. This will enable you to follow along during Mass. Kindly return after use.
2) Out of respect for Our Lord and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, please dress in an appropriate manner.
3) Please turn off or silence your cellphone.
General norms for receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church:
Those who receive should:
1) Be baptized Catholics in full communion and in good standing with the Church
2) Be in a state of Sanctifying Grace (i.e. not conscious of any mortal sin).
3) Have fasted at least one hour before receiving the Blessed Sacrament.
In the Traditional Latin Mass, the communicant receives the Sacred Host on the TONGUE
(NOT ON THE HAND) while kneeling. The "Amen" is said by the priest (not by the